Berlin / Bad Rothenfelde, 19 November 2015
Berlin. heristo ag, domiciled in Bad Rothenfelde, was awarded the Deutscher Kulturpreis of the Kulturkreis der deutschen Wirtschaft im BDI e.V. (Association of Arts and Culture of the German Economy at the Federation of German Industries) in the category of Large Companies on 19 November 2015for its “lichtsicht – Projektions-Biennale” project.
heristo ag has been presenting the lichtsicht – Projektions-Biennale in the spa town of Bad Rothenfelde near Osnabrück since 2007. The 5th lichtsicht in 2015/2016 was held under the artistic direction of Peter Weibel, ZKM board member, who succeeded in gaining internationally renowned artists such as William Kentridge (South Africa), Robert Wilson (USA), Ryoji Ikeda (Japan), Eyal Gever (Israel) for the project. Altogether 54 high-performance projectors are used in open space to project art onto the 10 metre high blackthorn walls of the graduation towers, measuring a total length of 1000 m. Entry is free of charge. The Projektions-Biennale is open to visitors every evening from nightfall until 7 February 2016.
It is the 10th time that the Kulturkreis der deutschen Wirtschaft im BDI e.V. and its partners Süddeutsche Zeitung and Handelsblatt have awarded the Deutscher Kulturförderpreis to companies. The only award of its kind in Germany was established in 2006. Since then, it has been awarded annually to companies in the categories small, medium and large companies, in recognition of their innovative and sustainable cultural promotion concepts.
This year’s award ceremony was held at the Deutscher Sparkassen- und Giroverband e.V. (German Savings Banks Association, DSGV) in Berlin. 300 guests from the realms of business, culture, politics and media listened attentively to presenter Barbara Hahlweg (ZDF), and enjoyed the musical interludes played by past award winners of the “Jugend musiziert” contest sponsored by the Sparkassen-Finanzgruppe.
Isabel Pfeiffer-Poensgen, General Secretary of the Cultural Foundation of German States, praised the project as follows: “heristo ag’s idea of transforming Bad Rothenfelde into an exciting spa town at night in the winter months, adding a second use to the spa facilities, is exceptional and worthy of distinction.”
Marion T. Carey-Yard, Managing Director of lichtsicht ggmbh, and Professor Dr. h.c. mult. Peter Weibel accepted the award together.
This year’s jury included:
- Dr. Thomas Bellut, Director General of ZDF
- Professor Dr. Clemens Börsig, Chairman of the Board of the Kulturkreis der deutschen Wirtschaft
- Veronica Ferres, actress
- Kurt Kister, Editor-in-Chief of Süddeutsche Zeitung
- Andreas Möllich-Zebhauser, General Manager and Artistic Director of the Festspielhaus Baden-Baden
- Dr. Franziska Nentwig, General Manager of the Kulturkreis der deutschen Wirtschaft
- Isabel Pfeiffer-Poensgen, General Secretary of the Cultural Foundation of German States
- Wilfried Schulz, Artistic Director of the Staatsschauspiel Dresden
- Gabor Steingart, Editor and CEO of Handelsblatt
- Dr. Willi Steul, Director General of Deutschlandradio
- Dr. Tobias Wollermann, General Manager of The Young ClassX e.V. and Chairman of the Board of the Working Group for Arts Sponsorship (AKS) at the Kulturkreis
Press photos are available on request via the Kulturkreis der deutschen Wirtschaft on 20 November 2015.
T.: +49 30 2028 1435
M.: +49 177 6277 608